Greedy Blog

Friday, May 23, 2003



 
Joe Scarborough says he is against decriminalization of drugs because he has lost friends to them. I guess he is implying that he would have lost more if there was easier access. I think this is probably untrue. As far as I've been able to tell, those who want drugs get them. However, they don't always get what they bargained for. The statistics are sketchy, but my guess is that many, if not most, of drug deaths are probably due to impurity, incorrect dosage, lack of objective information (proper use, interactions), or drug-related crime. Legalization would solve all of those problems, even the last (prices would plummet if Pfizer et al. could mass produce them).
This article on prohibition supports my theory (I think).

Posted by Gel 8:12 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise