Greedy Blog

Friday, June 20, 2003



 
Today's Firing Line:

I agree with conclusion of Nancy Toelle's letter (first), but not the rationale.
The scientific research documenting the deleterious effects of repeated exposure to second-hand smoke is indisputable.

The effects of second-hand smoke are widely disputed. I would say there is some deleterious effect, but there are studies both ways.

For Gale Hathrock's letter (second), I wonder why she is blaming the governor for holding a special session rather than the representatives whose walkout made it necessary.
I bet some uninsured children and poor elderly people could sure use some of that $1.7 dollars.

Universal health care for all children! Random handouts to the elderly poor! I thought those were called Medicaid and Social Security.

I have an answer for Erik Weatherwax (fourth).
Look at my major [biochemistry and math]! I might be incubating all sorts of nasty things in my apartment right now! At what point, though, is it justified for the government to bust into my apartment and take me out?

As far as I know, once there is probable cause that you are doing that. Probable cause might have been an earlier inspection of your apartment that revealed "nasty things."

...it requires some artistic license to describe a balsa wood, remote-controlled plane as a threat to the United States[.]

If he thinks it couldn't, that says a lot about his position. Hell, one malaria-bearing misquito could be a threat to the US.

Bush's lies have killed 185 (to date) of our brave soldiers, and between 5,500 and 7,200 innocent Iraqi citizens.

Also the lies of Clinton, Lieberman, Kerry, Chirac, Schroeder, Putin,...
Those numbers also seem inflated to me. I guess he had to double the number to make his point.

If there were justice in the world, George Walker Bush would be an "unlawful combatant" incarcerated at Guantanamo Bay.

Then he might get as fat as a McDonald's customer.

As for the last letter (Jon Olson), I wish he had used 2002 numbers, which were even grosser.

Posted by Gel 4:49 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise