Greedy Blog

Thursday, August 07, 2003



 
Now that I've seen it at least 100 times, I feel like I should comment on the newest Dell commercial.
I'll ignore the fact that the premise (sending interns on a roadtrip to figure out how people use their PCs, and that they came up with the crazy idea of bundling similar items).
My real beef is that the girl narrating it has horrible laryngitis, a horrible voice, or both. It is most noticable when she says "Road trip!" Was that the best take they could get?
I also don't understand the ice thing at the end. Why did the guy drop the ice? Why was he carrying it in the first place? Was that the narrator girl or someone else? Does that mean that Dell purchasers will be unable to hold ice? I just don't get it.
I'm glad I'm not an intern at Dell. They seem to switch around every few weeks -- not much stability. Plus, they get shitty assignments. Tourning the plant over and over, watching the developers, undergoing product testing.

Posted by Gel 2:11 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise