Greedy Blog

Monday, January 12, 2004



 
It's not home improvement, but I've been fixing my desktop computer. This mainly involved swapping power supplies, motherboard, and CPU. Much thanks to my old roommate D-West for the parts.
I did have to buy some DDR. Best Buy had 512 MB of PC2700 for $80 less $30 rebate. Oh yeah.

I was able to pull some old files off my harddrive, but the computer refused to use it to boot. I'm formatting and installing XP now, so we'll see if that works. If not, I think the HD might have been damaged by the old (junkyard - what was I thinking) power supply. I'll probably buy a 120 GB drive and go from there. Updates coming.

Posted by Gel 10:26 AM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise