Greedy Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2004



 
By the Numbers
I've been looking into my minority status some more. I still can't find a percentage of male blondes, but there may be a simpler solution.
The sholarship is offered to women. Assuming UT is 50/50, then the scholarship is open to 50% of the class.
Additionally, UT is 13% non-Asian "minorities." Assuming half of them are women, that is another 6.5%.
Thus, the scholarship is open to 56.5% of the UT law population. By definition (how's that for legalese), the remaining 43.5% are a minority.

If 43.5% of the school were black and hispanic, they would certainly be called a minority. Why can't white males, with the sale percentage, bare the same badge? If people can be grouped together by sex or skin color, why not sex and skin color? I'm just trying to point out the fallacy of creating groups of any kind.

I'll continue to update as I attempt to gain the application. The initial email said there were only two applications, but that can't be right. It must mean two scholarships. Otherwise, how would they decide who gets the applications? Application for the application?

UPDATE: As I tend to do, I left the last step implicit. But, I want to make sure that no one misses the irony of a minority scholarship being offered to a majority of the students.

Posted by Gel 9:23 AM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise