Greedy Blog

Monday, February 23, 2004



 
Poker
I played live poker for the first time in several months last night. Perhaps it was my practice, or the others' lack of practice, but I cleaned up. Something else that throws off any causality is that I've had nights like that before among this group.

Best Hand: Holding Ah 5h, raise (thus doubling the big blind) and only get one call. Flop comes As Th 8h. Bet and called. Turn is 8c. Bet and called. River is 4h (nut flush). Bet and raised, so reraise and rereraised, so reraised and called. Flush beat three 8s. I had been counting on the aces with the flush draw, so I think it was well-played rather than lucky.

Runner Up: Holding 2s 5h in big blind, check to see the flop. Flop comes 2h 2c Td. Checked to me, bet and called. Turn is __. Bet and called. River is __. Checked to me, bet and raised over the top. I reraised and he goes all in (pot limit). Three 2s beat the top 2 pair.

No horrible beats, which is what I try to stay away from.

UPDATE: I almost forgot about 7-stud where I had pocket fours, then showed 10, 2, 2, 4. There were already two other twos and three other tens on the board, so there was no way to suspect I had a hidden boat. I think I beat a straight who bet heavily into me.

Posted by Gel 12:40 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise