Greedy Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2004



 
HEB Math
I got a 6-pack of Snickers for $2.27. Listed unit price: $3.05/oz. Each bar runs 2.07 oz., so I'm guessing it was supposed to be per pound. Man, that means that Snickers costs more per pound than ground beef.

Not really math related, but HEB had three kinds of aluminum foil: Reynolds ($1.07), Hill County Fair (HEB brand) ($0.75), and HEB ($0.69). I was confused, but went with the HEB. Can't go wrong for $0.69. Worst case scenario is double it up and by Reynolds next time.

I was also a little pissed that they seemed to raise prices across the board. Honey Bunches of Oats went from $1.89 to $2.19. Austin Animal Crackers went from $0.84 to $1.19. Packets of SweetTarts went from $0.99 to $1.19. Maybe I missed it and it was "prices end in .19" days. I opted for Frosted Mini Chex (I smell a TM suit: Kellogs v. General Mills), Austin Animal Crackers (no good substitute), and a packet of Smartees ($0.99).

A final note on HEB is that they have the most inconsistent grape prices I have ever seen. Green, red, and black never seem to match and all fluctuate between $0.77/lb. and $2.99/lb. I'm not talking over the the course of the year as seasons change, I'm talking within a week or two. Weird.

Posted by Gel 11:01 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise