Greedy Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2004



 
St. Patrick's Day
Many don't know that St. Patrick is the patron saint of engineers. Or maybe Mizzu just made it up. Either way, it's a good day to celebrate having the perseverence to make it through the toughest curriculum at any college. If I had a nickel for everyone I meet who says they dropped out of engineering because it was too hard, I might still be an engineer instead of going for the real money (but maybe the greed in me still would have defected). Incidentally, I think that, as a group, engineers are smarter than doctors, lawyers, etc. Just my empirical observation.

I'll give you one verse (of about 20) from a song about St. Patrick:
St. Patrick was an engineer, he was, he was.
St. Patrick was an engineer, he was, he was.
He looked for girls soft and supple
So he could use his thermocouple.
Erin go braugh, hurrah for the engineers!


I also saw on the History channel that St. Patrick was the first to discover (invent?) purgatory. I thought that an engineer solving the problem of what happened to good, but not perfect, people in the afterlife was apropos. Here is something that talks about the subject.

I also read somewhere that he used the clover to preach, saying that the three leaves represted the father, the son, and the holy spirit. This makes me wonder why a fourth leaf would be considered lucky -- wouldn't it have to be Satan?

Posted by Gel 11:00 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise