Greedy Blog

Monday, May 17, 2004


DRY!!!
 
I was sick of paying $1.49 for a drink the last two nights, so I went to the grocery store for supplies (i.e., Dr Pepper and snacks). For some reason, there is no HEB. Instead, I went to "Minyard Food Stores." It was a lot like the Randall's on 38th St. in Austin - old and rundown.
Nevertheless, I was pleased to see Dr Pepper at $2/12 pack, which was only $0.50 off the normal price. $2.50 normally!
Next I went for some ice cream. It was all really expensive. Thus, I checked out the ice cream bars. Drumsticks were on sale. I saw 8 packs for $5.99, a pretty good deal. Then I saw 4 packs for $2.50 each. Yes.
Finally, I looked for some beer. And looked. And looked. After becoming befuddled, I asked a stockboy. He said that Richardson is dry, and that I need to go to Garland for beer. Hwa? I guess that's also why I haven't seen any bars around.

Something else that I noticed on that drive is how many streets have the same name. I live on Campbell Rd. There is also Campbell Pkwy., Campbell Dr., Campbell Way, etc. Many of them intersect each other. There are also a bunch of Glenvilles. I really don't know what they were thinking.

Posted by Gel 7:35 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise