Greedy Blog

Saturday, May 08, 2004


Kentucky Fried Long John's
 
I ordered the L4 (apparently also called the K4) -- 21 shrimp, a side, and a drink -- and drove off after paying my $4.97, thinking that everything was contained in the box, especially given the picture on the menu (depicting everything in the box). Well, my shrimp and cole slaw were in there, but there was no cocktail sauce. At home, I only had ketchup (no horseradish), so I didn't try to create my own, as I did one time at Sam's Cafe (a Christmas where those shrimp made me sick, but I digress). I was pissed, but ate their crappy shrimp dry. After I was done, I realize that there were more than 21 -- a lot more. I counted the tails: 34! I suppose they are as sloppy at counting as they are at making sure their customers have all the necessary condiments. This actually bodes well for the next time: I know that I will get roughly 150% of the anticipated shrimp and just need to ask for coctail sauce.

I didn't know Yum owned LJS. Seems to be good synergy there, though.

Posted by Gel 5:52 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise