Greedy Blog

Tuesday, November 02, 2004


Voting Algorithm
 
BTW, I did end up voting today. I didn't think I was registered and didn't think it mattered. However, I checked online to find that I was (at my first Austin address, which also happened to be the polling place (apartment gym)). I had to fill out a change of address form, but was good after that.
The system was electronic. There was a jog dial and enter key, which was very easy to use. I also recall other buttons, but I didn't use them.

Here is the algorithm for how I voted:

President?
Yes --> R
No -->
L Candidate?
Yes --> L
No -->
R Candidate?
Yes --> R
No --> no vote

There was also a light rail initiative, which I voted against. I would have voted No anyways, but I really don't want to pay for it (over the next year) if I'm never going to use it.

Posted by Gel 4:45 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise