Greedy Blog

Monday, February 21, 2005


Limey Product Reviews
 
1. Coke with Lime
I'll try any new soft drink, so this was on the list. Tastes as described: Coke with lime. Actually, it tasted a little like Pepsi Holliday Spice. However it tasted, I shant be getting it again.
The last couple years have seen a ton of new soft drinks, most of them bad. Many of them just add a new flavor to an existing product (like lime or vanilla to Coke, cherry and vanilla to Dr Pepper, spices to Pepsi, and so on). Of those, only Vanilla Coke is good. I can't think of too many brand new drinks, but dnL was decent.
BTW, the "Xtra" in Pibb Xtra is apparently cinnamon with a hint of cherry.
For some reason, Coke doesn't list the regular version on their website, so here is an article about it. I would agree that "it's an interesting product, but I don't think it will be a blockbuster."

2. Vlasic Lime Spears
I bought these because I was tired of Vlasic Zesty Dill Spears, but didn't know what to expect. Luckily, they are good. Not too limey, but not your ordinary pickle, either. Plus, they cost the same as normal pickles.
For some reason, Vlasic's site sucks. Well, here's an article about this product as a substitute. I don't think I'd say this: "It’s so summertime, so Corona beer and fun on the beach." So Corona beer?

Posted by Gel 9:57 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise