Greedy Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2005


Oscars
 
I didn't see much because I had to catch up on schoolwork (yeah, yeah - I still have a lot to do tomorrow). From what I did see, Kirsten Dunst looked good with the light hair, but it's too short (not Mona Lisa Smile short, but still too short). Natalie Portman also looked good sitting in the front row.

I think that out of all the movies nominated for everything, I've only seen Sideways and kinda Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (although I did a lot of fast-forwarding through it to avoid Jim Carey, which means most of the movie).

I was talking to a friend recently about seeing movies in theaters, and we basically agreed that it didn't make sense unless it had good special effects. For instance, Sideways should not be seen in theaters -- rent it or buy it. Spiderman 2, on the other hand, should probably be seen in theaters. I would add movies like Bring It On to that list, but that's where we began to disagree. That said, the next movie I see in the theater will probably be Man of the House or Dukes of Hazzard.

Posted by Gel 11:48 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise