Greedy Blog

Monday, March 21, 2005

Spring Break Tuesday
I don't want to make a mega-post now, so I'm going to try to divide it into days. That probably means that I'll forget more as time wears on.

Left Austin at 7:30am. Drove towards San Antonio, didn't know to get off on I-37 from I-35, so we had to take a detour through Los Angeles, TX. I think we also traveled through San Diego, TX at some point.

We checked into the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort at around 4:00. They had a $50 per person cash room deposit and required each guest to buy $25 security wristbands, which we got to wear for the week. However, they did not ask to see a AAA card, despite the discount on the room. Good thing as neither of us had one.

We saw a riot on the beach that was instigated when some OU guy planted a flag in the head of a Jesus sculpture right next to some A&M guys. Lots of glass bottles and bottles full of sand flew around. Almost no security. Good times.
While watching, I tried to bum a beer off some Baylor girls. Nothing doing. My friend and I agreed that turquise was the best on the beach. Later we saw that turquoise was staying three doors down.

We had brought a 12-pack of Fat Tire, but no bottle opener. My friend figured out how to use the ironing board. Good times.

We hit the $5.99 taco bar and talked briefly with some Minnesota girls. Briefly enough that I don't remember if they drove or flew. The food was actually pretty good, especially for the price. We drank a little more in the room after I bought a bottle opener ($0.69), then went out.

Outside, we caught a taxi to Louie's for $2 each. Pretty reasonable.

Other than getting the first drink and going upstairs, I remember very little about Louie's. The two drinks I had were 7-8 shots each. After a lot of recent beer. Yep. I've been told that I hit on a lot of talent, which I can't remember not doing. I have one picture (below) and one phone number (Dallas area code) to show for it. I called the number and didn't recall (and couldn't really make out) the name on the voicemail, so it was really a wash. Bad times.

Posted by Hello

At one point, I ran into a guy from my analytical methods class. I'm pretty sure he's a Scottish exchange student, so I said he should be wearing a kilt. He was.

I also lost my free t-shirt at some point. No matter as it was promotional and my friend tossed his when we left.

On the way back, we got on a bus (I'm told) for free. Also, at some point I somehow acquired a peanut butter M-Azing. Still haven't eaten it. However, I distinctly recall rejecting a normal M-Azing because the wrapper was open.

Back at the hotel, the door was covered in chewing tobacco. I called the front desk, and they told me to clean it myself. WHAT THE FUCK? I was really pissed and punched the door. I then called the 1-800 number, who told me to speak with the manager at the front desk. I did, and she said she would have it cleaned or clean it herself.

Then I remember my friend telling me to eat pizza while I passed out clutching my hand. I awoke at 5:00am to puke and take out my contacts. Apparently, I decided that my left contact best fits under a cup. Good thing I brought extra pairs.

Despite the crazy drinking, I felt ok the next morning. Not 100%, nut not the 10% I expected.

Posted by Gel 11:30 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Baseball Musings
Tim Blair
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

UT School of Law
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise