Greedy Blog

Monday, April 18, 2005


Product Review(s)
 
LAY'S STAX® Hidden Valley Ranch Flavored Potato Crisps
I tried these based on their taquitos.net review and because they happened to have them at Target while I was buying other stuff.
Before I bought them, they annoyed me because all other Stax were $1 (including KC Masterpiece, which was probably licensed as well), but this was $1.25 -- 25% markup?
After that, not much to add to the other review, altough I thought they tasted a lot more like sour cream and onion Pringles (as I remember them) than ranch dressing.

Other than that, I haven't tried much new stuff lately.

I might add that my cell phone closes sometimes now (whenever there's a loud click), which is nice. Other than that, I've been fairly satisfied with it. I don't use it for pictures very much, because I couldn't get PCS Vision to work during the free trial period, so they just sit on my phone. The antenna likes to come out. The volume button during calls operates the microphone and speaker; at my comfortable listening level (3), I'm apparently inaudible on the other end; at their comfortable listening level (7-8), it sounds way too loud. No way to light up external display without opening phone. Often picks random and ill-advised sounds as default for certain functions (e.g., alarm clock function is very quiet bass rythm).

Oh, and I didn't buy it, but I've been driving at 2005 Toyota Carolla. I like the outside temperature gauge. I don't like the sight lines or the power transfer in first gear. When I look to check my blind spots, I see plastic. When I press on the pedal slightly, nothing happens; when I press on the pedal more, it spins out briefly.

Posted by Gel 4:51 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise