Greedy Blog

Monday, May 09, 2005


Happy Birthday
 
Tony Gwynn was my favorite athlete growing up. We didn't have the D-Backs yet, so I adopted the Padres as my favorite baseball team. Now I try my best to root for both, which is difficult since they're in the same division.

I didn't realize Tony led the league in sac flies in 1997, grounded into the most double plays in 1994 (the year he could've hit .400), or that he was only hit by pitch 24 times in a 20-year career (Biggio has been hit more that that in four different seasons and close to that two other seasons).

I was very disappointed when I went to Petco last summer and there was no statue, monumnet, or anything about him (I looked and even asked ushers). The least they could have done would be to make the right field line 319 feet.

Posted by Gel 3:46 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise