Greedy Blog

Friday, July 08, 2005


Dishwasher
 
Last Wednesday the people under option had my place inspected and found that the dishwasher didn't work. That was a surprise to me, although I've been hand-washing for about two years (saves water and energy, doesn't take too long). The buyer wanted to cut the price by $1,000 and thus let the (first) $100 option expire.

I scheduled maintenance with Whirlpool online and the Austec Appliances guy came this morning. He spent about five minutes playing with some screws, and then it worked. Apparently, after long periods on non-use, the drain valve gets hard and stops something from moving. Works fine now, but he suggested that I run it every day to get the valve good and soft.

He said he used to work for Mr. Appliance, and they would have charged me $138. "Great," I thought, "I might get off really cheap." $86.60. Still less, but not that much lower that I'm jumping up and down. At any rate, that still leaves me $13.40 worth of free money to buy some dishwasher rinse aid (also recommended) and to buy a drain pan for my hot water heater (also found missing on the inspeciton report). $1,000 my ass.

Posted by Gel 8:00 AM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise