Greedy Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2005


PR = Piss pooR
 
BarBri does a good job on preparing us for most subjects. Except for PR. This is a subject in which I took a class and got a really high grade and rocked a standardized test. I can recite my outline really well from memory. But I am completely stumped on most essays. As in, I don't even know where to begin. Spotting a lawyer soliciting a client is easy enough, but I have absolutely no idea how to start an essay section about the breach of loyalty and how it relates to the duties of confidentiality and candor. Guess which type of issue is on the test?

In both the lecture and the PR-specific portion of essay workshop #4, they did nothing to tell us how to actually write a PR essay. The "outline" from the workshop was just a list of duties. Great. The lecture was a hodgepodge of rules that I eventually sorted out, but they still don't say what should go into an essay or how to spot that particular issue. Needless to say, I'm screwed on the PR essay if there is one. Sample:

"Lawyer owes Client a duty of confidentiality. That means don't go spreading his info around. Yep. Good night then." Score: 40.

Posted by Gel 10:33 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise