Greedy Blog

Sunday, January 08, 2006


Auto Show
 
Yesterday I went to the LA Auto Show. Needless to say, it was significantly larger than the Austin Auto Show I went to a couple years ago.

Most Comfortable Seat: Cadillac XLR-V

Best Looking Concept: Chrysler Firepower

Cars I Would Consider Buying (in order): Audi S4, Lexus SC430, Lexus IS350, Volvo S60R, Infiniti G35

Maybe they're in my blood, but I also like the Civic Si and the Camry SE.

Disappointments: Lexus RX400h, Mercedes (all)

Like last time, I got into my own car after the show and was like "blah." On the one hand, I'm making good money, haven't splurged on anything, spend at least 1.5 hr/d in my car, and am living modestly. Also, my extended warranty runs out in May (I've never used it). And I think that car is jinxed. On the other hand, my car only has 59k miles on it, is running great (no issues ever), and is paid off. Also, it has door dings, hail dents, etc., making me car not about its exterior experience much (i.e., I don't want to have to worry about car washes etc.). And I just installed a 3.5 mm cable to hook up my Axim with GPS to. I don't know how to drive stick, and I'd like to get the manual version of the above-listed cars. I'm sure the chemicals from all those new cars will wear off and I'll forget about them. But for the next week or so, I'll probably be thinking about them a lot.

Posted by Gel 3:08 PM Post a Comment

Real Friends' Blogs
Random Rantings
Fancy Dirt
Force Paintball

Locations of visitors to this page

Other Blogs
Instapundit
Baseball Musings
Patently-O
Tim Blair
Volokh
Mark Steyn
Chris Lynch
Donald Luskin
Neal Boortz

Links
UT School of Law
UA ChEE
Jim Rome

Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise